Silence (5 minutes):
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes of silence.
- Don’t pray anything specifically, but just sit with the Spirit and welcome Him into your heart and your day.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, pray through the passage below:
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world
Scripture (5 minutes): John 9:1-7
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through the thoughts below + anything that stuck out to you from the passage above.
- It’s jarring how different Jesus’ reaction to the situation is as compared to the disciples. They assume guilt, and want to know who sinned. How often do we undeservedly judge others?
- Pray that God would give you a heart of empathy and love towards the needs of others.
- Jesus makes the point that the circumstances we face in life are not always in direct response to our performance, but often to bring God glory. How does this affect your perspective on the obstacles you face today?
- Ask God to re-focus your mind & soul on the mission He has for you today
- Jesus is the light of the world, and He’s put us here to work and tell others of His light. How does this play out in your life?
- Yield your day to Him. Ask the Spirit to guide your words and actions today.
Happy Thursday! Tell someone today that you care about them, and ask how you can better pray for them.
See you tomorrow!