Silence (5 minutes):
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes of silence.
- Don’t pray anything specifically, but just sit with the Spirit and welcome Him into your heart and your day.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, pray through the passage below:
The man called Jesus made mud and anointed my eyes and said to me, ‘Go to Siloam and wash.’ So I went and washed and received my sight.”
Scripture (5 minutes): John 9:8-23
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through the thoughts below + anything that stuck out to you from the passage above.
- The man’s simple faith was beautiful. Rather than over-thinking or massaging his words to soften Christ’s work – he gave a simple testimony of what Jesus had done for Him.
- Pray that God would use your simple words and actions to demonstrate His Gospel.
- The haters were angry, as usual. If you’ll notice, there are usually angry religious people walking around most times Jesus does something great. Satan does a lot of his damage through religious people and traditions.
- Ask God to identify areas in your heart where you are holding guilt, shame, or resentment to someone else based on your self-imposed religious standards.
- The man’s parents were fearful of what others would do, think, or say about them. They allowed their fear of other people to distort their thinking – despite the fact they clearly knew their son who was BLIND could now see! Fear of man is so dangerous.
- Yield your day to Him. Ask the Spirit to surround you with boldness and love for others, instead of fear and love for yourself.
Happy Friday! Live boldly for Jesus today!