Silence (5 minutes):
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes of silence.
- Don’t pray anything specifically, but just sit with the Spirit and welcome Him into your heart and your day.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, pray through the passage below:
One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.
Scripture (5 minutes): John 9:24-34
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through the thoughts below + anything that stuck out to you from the passage above.
- Jesus’ Gospel is so simple. We were blind. Lost in our sins, left wandering without purpose on the earth, and doomed to an eternity without God. Yet, because of His kind love – we see. We see the simplicity of the Gospel and accept His kindness as a Savior.
- Thank God for His kindness and be refreshed by the simple truth of the Gospel! Your sin does not own you!
- When the haters come at the man who was healed, he responds kindly but with the severity and conviction of a man who was saved.
- Ask God to refresh your conviction for His salvation, and your compulsion to share it with those around you.
- The haters think this guy is not worthy to learn from because he isn’t an educated religious fool like they were. The simplicity of his faith is beautiful though, “if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him.”
- Submit yourself to God’s will today. Be a simple follower of Jesus who loves His Word, and who follows His truth.
Have a great weekend. 🙂