Silence (8 minutes):
- Take 5 deep breaths in through your nose, and exhale through your mouth. Focus on your breathing and notice where your body is rising and falling.
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes of silence; sit with the Spirit and welcome Him into your day.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, thank God that every circumstance can be redeemed and used for His glory.
Scripture (5 minutes): John 10:22-42
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through the thoughts below + anything that stuck out to you from the passage above.
- Jesus had friends & people He loves, just like anyone would. His humanity was not neglected by the fact He is God. He still engaged and loved like you and I do.
- Meditate on what it means for your life that Jesus had friends whom He loved. If the King needed a community of friends and family…don’t you?
- Jesus understood and communicated that every circumstance was an opportunity for God’s glory to spread. Even in hearing about His friend’s illness, Jesus kept His perspective on the illness being “for the glory of God.”
- Cry Out to God and ask Him to bend your heart and your will to His purposes in the middle of your circumstances. This is a tough and scary prayer to pray. Submit your heart and mind to Him.
- Jesus would not allow anything to cause Him hesitation or delay in fulfilling His mission on earth. Despite inviting danger to His own well-being, Jesus went to raise his friend so that many more would believe.
- Invite the Spirit to work in and through you today. Grant Him authority and access to drive the decisions you make. Trust Him – in whatever your facing – to use you for His glory.
Today is only going to happen once. Use each moment for Him!