Silence (8 minutes):
- Take 3 deep breaths in through your nose, and exhale through your mouth. Thank God your body is working & note how He supports your every breath
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes of silence; sit with the Spirit and welcome Him into your day
- At the end of the 5 minutes, thank God that He reigns over every detail of you, and is deeply invested in your life
Scripture (5 minutes): John 11:28-37
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through the thoughts below + anything that stuck out to you from the passage above.
- Mary moved to run to Jesus despite her loss and mourning.
- Meditate on your reactions to tough circumstances. Is your reaction to run to the Savior? Ask the Spirit to draw you to Himself in every situation.
- Jesus was moved to emotion by the loss of His friend and the pain of these sisters. He was all God, but He felt and endured the real emotional pain we suffer from as humans.
- Pray for those in your life who are going through a hard time. Weep with them. Let the emotion you/they are feeling to draw you closer to each other and to God. Don’t run from the pain.
- The pain Jesus feels moves Him to action.
- Submit yourself to the will of God. Let His Spirit guide you – and take action. Be the hands of Jesus on the lives that surround you. Move to make His love known. Do what you can to comfort those in your community, everyday.