Silence (8 minutes):
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes. Don’t pray. Just breathe in and out. Focus on keep your breathing regular.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, confess any sin that comes to mind and welcome the Spirit into your time of meeting with Him.
- Ask the Spirit to open your mind and heart to the Word this morning.
Scripture (5 minutes): John 12:20-36
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through the examples of selfish concern below. Repent of vanity in your life, and submit yourself to God’s glory today.
- Jesus anticipates His death as being glorified – “the wheat must die to bear fruit.”
- Submit your burdens and obstacles to the Spirit today. Recognize that what He has put in front of you will bear fruit, and His glory is at stake. Ask for grace and strength to glorify Him!
- Whoever loses His life will find it.
- Remember the kingdom of God is not like the kingdom of man. To die is gain. Praise Jesus that you live in the reality of this truth, and enjoy the freedom of living for the Kingdom! Ask God to use your life for His gain and think of what this looks like practically.
- Jesus knew the cultural and societal impact His death would have on the world, let alone the affect it would have on His own life. Yet, His only concern was that of the Father’s glory.
- Pray that God would give you a kingdom perspective. Ask Him to help you re-orient your soul to that which matters to Him.
Love you all!