Silence (8 minutes):
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes. Don’t pray. Just breathe in and out. Focus on keep your breathing regular.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, confess any sin that comes to mind and welcome the Spirit into your time of meeting with Him.
- Ask the Spirit to open your mind and heart to the Word this morning.
Scripture (5 minutes): John 12:37-50
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through the examples of selfish concern below. Repent of vanity in your life, and submit yourself to God’s glory today.
- The haters loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God.
- Repent of the instances or patterns in your life where you notice yourself living for the praise of man instead of the praise of God. Ask the Spirit to bring to your attention when you are sacrificing His glory for man’s praise today.
- Jesus came to light up a dark world. All we must do is hear and believe.
- Praise God for the simple nature of His Gospel, and for the fact that He designed the Gospel in such a way anyone can come to know Him. Spend a moment considering where you have added or complicated the Gospel, and remind yourself that Jesus paid it all. Your faith in Him and the fruit of that faith is all you should be concerned with. The past is gone. His Way is available to us.
- Jesus came to speak on behalf of the Father. Despite His own deity, He continually set His name and ego aside to divert glory to God.
- Pray that God would use your life for His glory. Ask Him to humble your Spirit and remind you of His truth today. Glorify Him!