Silence (8 minutes):
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes. Don’t pray. Just breathe in and out. Focus on keep your breathing regular.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, submit yourself to the Spirit and open your heart to whatever He has for you today.
Scripture (5 minutes): John 13:1-20
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through Jesus’ perfect example of love and service. Thank Him for his unselfish care for you.
- Jesus washed the disciples feet as an act of humility AND as an example to us today.
- Praise Jesus for His perfect example of love, and ask the Spirit to prompt you with people He would have you to serve today.
- Jesus washed all of their feet – from Peter to Judas. He knew who Judas was and what he was going to do, yet Jesus chose to serve Him.
- Submit your ego to Jesus this morning. Remember that He sacrificed His life for those who wanted to hurt Him. Practice His way and serve your enemies.
- Jesus reminds us that we are all slaves and messengers of the Gospel. There is no task that is too low for us to do in His service.
- Pray that God would use your life for His glory. Ask Him to humble your Spirit & use your position, relationships, and life story for His work.