Silence (5 minutes):
- Set a timer on your phone for 5 minutes. Don’t pray. Just breathe in and out. Focus on keep your breathing regular.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, confess any sin that comes to mind and welcome the Spirit into your time of meeting with Him.
- Ask the Spirit to open your mind and heart to the Word this morning.
Scripture (5 minutes): John 15:18-27
Prayer & Meditation (5 minutes): Meditate and pray through the examples of selfish concern below. Repent of vanity in your life, and submit yourself to God’s glory today.
- Haters in the world will always be around you.We’re hated as believers because He was hated. Those who do not know or understand His word hate us because His Way is so different than their reality.
- Pray for the haters in your life/in this world that want to see His Way and the Gospel crushed. Ask God to give you love for those who hate us. Pray we would be used to shine a light on their need of Jesus.
- A servant is not greater than his master. We’re here as servants of Jesus.
- Submit your day and your mindset to the Father, Son, and Spirit. Ask Him to remind you of your identity in Him, and to give you opportunities today to live out that identity.
- The Spirit of Truth has come and is with us as we walk with Jesus in this world.
- Praise God for providing the Spirit of Truth to your life. Ask Him to guide you and to make your heart sensitive to His promptings. Spend a few minutes praying and unveiling your soul to the Spirit.